View Single Post
Old 22-03-05, 09:05 AM   #6
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rev it! Riding style questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Bud_One
Assuming fair conditions..

1. What's the max revs your comfortable to cruise at before changing up a gear?

5 - 6 thousand

2. Does it vary, dependant on gear?

Not really depends on my mood

3. (If applicable) When "giving it some", how close/past the red rev lines do you go?

I havent really noticed I am normally to busy trying to hang on, I've bounced it off the limiter a couple of times, I would say that I would think I dont go much past 9500rpm maybe 10000rpm max
4. Based on a combination of riding ability and national speed limits; Do you drive well within your limits, push it sometimes or always on the edge?

Again depends on mood, road conditions, how well I know the road, I would say on a dry hot day and I know the road well, then yes I push and I push hard sometimes beyond my limit and the limit of the bike and I've had to back off

5. Do you never, rarely, sometimes or often have a red mist experience due to other road users? If so, how does it affect your riding style?

No not really, I just tend to shake my head mutter the word moron to myself and not rise to it

6. Has there been a key lesson or experience that's improved your riding? If so, what?

I think the main would to think about what you are doing before you do it, i.e talk yourself through a corner or a junction, be surprised how much difference it makes to your riding

I think the other one is confidence, if you think you are going to crash then you probably will, remembering not to **** your pants and think OK what do I need to do to get round this corner that I have gone a little bit to fast into rather than panicking has saved me lots of times

This isn't for a study or survey. Just intrigued to know how other SVer's riding styles compare with mine.

Ta

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote