View Single Post
Old 22-03-05, 09:31 AM   #7
Yams

Default Re: Rev it! Riding style questions.

Assuming fair conditions..

1. What's the max revs your comfortable to cruise at before changing up a gear?

Revs to 12k or whatever it is, for a reason

2. Does it vary, dependant on gear?

Nope

3. (If applicable) When "giving it some", how close/past the red rev lines do you go?

Never go past, but always up near...

4. Based on a combination of riding ability and national speed limits; Do you drive well within your limits, push it sometimes or always on the edge?

In my limits completely almost all of the time, i'm not a fast road rider, I don't like overtaking, I'm rubbish at filtering and I'm not that keen on going silly fast either.. I just like trying to do wheelies and erm, well that's it really wheely wheely wheely.

5. Do you never, rarely, sometimes or often have a red mist experience due to other road users? If so, how does it affect your riding style?

Sometimes, rarely though and I don't do anything other than over-take them, at speed

6. Has there been a key lesson or experience that's improved your riding? If so, what?

I like to think I'm a smooth, controlled rider, I think I could happily pass my test again if required, I /can/ go fast if I want, but then I can also ride along at 2mph without putting my feet down, unlike some people.. however since buying a supermoto I'm just a loon... traffic lights approached on one wheel, and leave on the other The SV is the same only I can't wheely it to save my life and the tyres SUCK and lock up most of the time when stoppying.. must get new tyres! I haven't got my knee down since I lost the front end of my R6 on a roundabout so I guess that taught me not to try and get my elbow down any more

This isn't for a study or survey. Just intrigued to know how other SVer's riding styles compare with mine.

Just ride for yourself.. don't worry about others too much.. just because X person rides X way dosen't mean you have to question the way you ride.

Like I say, I am not a particularily fast road rider (or track ) I just ride for myself, do what I can do and gently push to get better. I know some people who ride stupidly fast and to be honest I'll just let them get on with and catch up later..... I'd rather not crash trying to keep up with someone more experienced, or just plain better than me...