View Single Post
Old 24-03-05, 05:27 PM   #9
sprocket

Assuming fair conditions..

1. What's the max revs your comfortable to cruise at before changing up a gear?

8-9K of recent, used to be about 6-7K but higher feels better

2. Does it vary, dependant on gear?

Not really

3. (If applicable) When "giving it some", how close/past the red rev lines do you go?

Only gone past the redline once and **** myself

4. Based on a combination of riding ability and national speed limits; Do you drive well within your limits, push it sometimes or always on the edge?

If in a town I ride to limits, if on country lanes, depends how well I know the roads but straights I open her up. And on the DC and Motorways, normally keep between 80-90MPH but do like to open her up to 110 at times. Managed to hit 130MPH the other day which I was very happy about.

5. Do you never, rarely, sometimes or often have a red mist experience due to other road users? If so, how does it affect your riding style?

Occasioanlly, if a dumb ass car driver decides to indicate out without checking their mirrors while Im coming up hard in the outside lane. Will just get passed them, change into left hand lane, slow down and relax if it gets too heated.

6. Has there been a key lesson or experience that's improved your riding? If so, what?

Taking corners too fast ... a very valuable lesson to learn, take corners cautiously unless you know the corner ... had a couple times when I've hit a corner too hard and drifted out into the opposite side of the road and thanked **** no-one else was coming. Also had a very precarious overtake on a country road, missed having an accident by a few feet. Am extremely cautious now and think at least twice before overtaking on country roads.