Thread: N.I.P
View Single Post
Old 28-03-17, 11:24 AM   #28
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: N.I.P

Well, course done and it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it might have been. It was delivered with good humour, and a lack of condescension.

There were two people delivering it. Both were pleasant but the one chap who did the majority of it, a retired copper and ex traffic officer from south Wales, was very engaging, and very knowledgeable about advanced driving and observation. Most of the second half of the morning was on this topic, and was actually quite interesting.

During the course of the morning he made a comment about the ability of a traffic officer to make a judgement based on behaviour and driving style, as opposed to a speed camera which just detects whether or not you were travelling "too fast". I had a chat with him at the end of the morning and his view was that there needs to be more traffic officers on the road. He was not that pleased that traffic officers have been replaced by speed cameras.
When I said to him that I had been snapped at a lower speed than I had travelled on the bike safe course a couple of years back, he was extremely sympathetic and said he would have found it quite galling to have had it happen to him!

Ah well course done. It was a useful refresher and I learned a few bits and bobs. They made the point quite strongly that unless you are actually asked by your insurance company about whether you have done a speed awareness course, you do not have to tell them.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote