View Single Post
Old 07-10-19, 08:36 AM   #64
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wrong Choice. New '18 SV650.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljay View Post
I got cracking deal on new AL9 and found ride home better than outgoing MT07 just bonded right away. The clutch assist is a bit different but OK.
Hope you have many happy miles together, am same might seek a deal of advice too at times.
To be honest if I didn't know the low revs clutch assist was there from reading about it I would never have guessed it was there, to me it is so unobtrusive as to be invisible.

I would have had the red frame in a heartbeat if it had been available in 2016 - I got blue tank and black frame and wheels ( could not even get red tank in 2016, the only colours
were ( all with black frame ) blue tank and blue wheels, white tank black wheels and blue tank with black wheels ( and maybe black tank as well ), they showed a red tank in brochure
but not available in UK at that time ( I had to wait almost 2 months for delivery as I pre-ordered before the AL7 was available in UK ). .

I don't like the way that the tester in video holds in the clutch at traffic lights though, rather than put it into neutral, then he complained towards the end of video that his hand
was getting tired. But maybe in London traffic you learn that you have to hold in the clutch to get a super fast getaway when the lights change ? I am often in neutral before I stop
and only really use clutch for changing down and pulling away ( in the habit of changing up without using clutch ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 07-10-19 at 04:58 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote