Thread: Ar11
View Single Post
Old 15-08-10, 08:16 AM   #1
Ed

Default Ar11

Those who have read the IB thread will know that I've put forward Shrewsbury and mid/north Wales as a suggestion. I'd really like to do it here. If you agree, please chime in over on IB.

I had in mind to use the same campsite that we used in 2006, it has a separate field for large groups. It's in the grounds of a pub - the Wingfield Arms at Montford Bridge, about 6 miles west of Shrewsbury town centre - that serves excellent food which is reasonably priced. There's fuel about two miles away at Ford, with a Nisa shop attached to the fuel station that serves take out food, coffee etc. Fish n chips is not that far away.

Would do a different route to 2006 though. I have in mind a route, which I will re-ride and then PM to anyone who'd like to recce it. As with this year, I won't put it on the site. If the bid is successful, then you'll all be markers

We all know that it's a great part of the country to ride in, easy peasy and not too far to reach from just about anywhere, and despite all the rather silly comments on the IB thread, no hassle from police. I have never been stopped around here, or anywhere in Wales...

Yes/no?????

Ed

Last edited by Ed; 15-08-10 at 08:17 AM.