Thread: Ar11
View Single Post
Old 15-08-10, 10:28 PM   #10
Ed

Default Re: Ar11

Sat nav - are u joking, my Electro friend - I prefer nous to electronic gadgetry - in other words, ride it and see if it works, and if it don't, then where does this right turn go to.... I have a great route in mind, the sort that Londoners will think 'I don't wanna go home, I gotta move house!!!!'

The Wingfield's web site is abysmal, I could write a better one than that, and the pix are absolute crap. They really don't sell themselves well... it really is a nice spot, far better than the website suggests. John (as in admin John - he lives a few miles from Daryl and me), Daryl and I co-organised AR06, I don't know if John would want to this time round, but AR06 was a brilliant ride - i have a different route in mind for this time though.

I will take a few pix myself this week and post em up, but will need a lot of help to get things right, so all offers more than welcome. The social side is important - but if the ride is pants then we may as well not bother, so I will PM everyone who posts on here a draft Google map, and invite comments and a 'let's ride' day, likely to be in late September or early October. Assuming the bid is successful I don't want to publish the route to everyone until the day - as per this year.

More soon but I think this is a strong contender