View Single Post
Old 14-11-17, 10:30 PM   #6
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Insurance question again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomP View Post
Do you mean switching insurance companies before the current one is up?
If you're current one won't give you want you need then yes. As per a recent thread on here discussing NCD it's not exactly a science following a mathematical formula, I'd be very surprised if a broker didn't give you the equivalent of two years with that history, especially if you were potentially bring two bikes worth of cover to them..... Look at the alternatives.

If you've got two bikes then you either need to have one uninsured, a policy that covers both, or two separate policies. You could take out an entirely new policy on the Triumph and let the SV one run on, but that will put you under real pressure to sell the SV come February, and if you really want to keep the Daytona for best as per your other thread then it might make sense to hang on to the SV.....? If you're not going to ride the Daytona until the Spring (hard if it's winking at you every time you go into the garage) you could see if you can get it delivered home and risk it being uninsured until you sell the SV, but do you really want to do that?

Personally I'd shop around for a broker that will cover both bikes on the one policy and if that means walking away from the last few months on the SV policy so be it. I'm with Carole Nash where I've got two policies, each covering four bikes. Neither costs over £250. That's got to be better value than trying to insure eight separate bikes....!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote