View Single Post
Old 14-09-15, 02:13 PM   #54
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: Joined the T Bone Club.

Ok, small update.
I spoke to 4th D on Friday as they emailed me an update - "we are still waiting for the other insurance company to get back to us"....
So I rang the direct dial number on the email. I have now been sent a copy of the estimate sent to RSA.
£1150 odd quid for basically a rearset and some black paint. The wording on the estimate clearly states that as long as they fix the bike there is no storage charge to pay.

My questions to you far more knowledgeable people are.

IF and at this stage this is all IF, I were to let the ball run it's course and RSA won would I have to pay 4th D to get my bike back anyway? I really can't see them just giving it back. If I do have to pay would it make sense to pay to get it fixed now, whilst trying to see if they would exclude painting various black bits for £400. So that I have it back and my wife gets the car back. And add it to the personal injury claim (which I have been told I can do).
Or does paying it off myself look in any way as if I'm at fault. Which I don't feel I am. If I lose and still have to pay out it'll suck having waited, yet if I win I'll get most of the money back and the pay out for the broken foot. The other thing, if I do pay out then there is only one company fighting my case instead of the current two. And when I say my case, read lining their pockets.

Any comments welcomed. This really is doing my head in now.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 14-09-15 at 02:15 PM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote