View Single Post
Old 28-09-15, 07:38 PM   #92
pookie

Default Re: Films I've watched recently...

Its a sci fi movie based on that grand daddy fps shooter Doom.. well the one after wolfenstein
With a cast consisting of 'The Rock' and Rosamund Pike it could've hauled itself to the upper shelves of blockbusters but remained rooted to the bargain basement bin near the exit. The story is the familiar dodgy aliens rampaging around a science lab with the swat team sent in to rescue whoever is still alive. Enter stage left the zombies who are infact the remains of the scientists. The budget for special fx didnt extend to lighting so it is mainly shot in the dark to enhance the ambience. It is never easy to take a video game and turn it into a film* see streetfighter- the movie, resident evil of which the end result is generally a poor rendition of the in game video sequences without the fun of the game play. Doom incorporates a nasuea inducing fps game sequence towards the end of the film making me wonder why on earth I continued to watch this instead of spending an hour on the xbox. If you are a fan of video games to movie genre then give it a whirl but otherwise the experience is similar to playing your old childhood video games today and wondering why on earth you wasted so much time on them when you were young.

* except Hitman which was actually quite a good
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future

Last edited by pookie; 03-01-16 at 01:10 PM.
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote