Thread: Gsx-s1000f
View Single Post
Old 19-08-18, 12:57 PM   #20
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gsx-s1000f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
just read it properly... straight swap for the rocket..
Yeah, was way too easy a trade, the rocket held it's value really well, now they no longer make them I am guessing the value is holding, cost me less than £500/year to own over 5 yrs....not gonna be the case here I don't think but got a good deal, in today's prices anyway

The triumph dealership was offering me more than £2K less on trade-in for a S/H Z1000SX....they're not going to see me again for anything unless I have to go there, robbing barstewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
something i dont like is the bar mounted mirrors when they could have put fairing mounted ones on no problem, makes the bike look like "lets just slap a fairing on the naked and put an F badge on". mind you suzuki are pretty famous for parts bin specials.
Yeah, after all the SV650 sport has mirrors mounted on the fairing, but then it also has clip-ons...this thing really is a naked (GSX-S1000 - non F) with a front fairing slapped on.

I can live with the mirrors, but they could have done better with the front and center look, raised it up a bit maybe...would have been a great homage to the SV...pointy faired SV's still looks great IMHO

Still, once sitting on the bike and riding it non of that matters, then you just love the thing, great machine, really is. So smooth and much more relaxed than a RRR super sports thing in everyday riding / if not pushed but get it to 8K onwards and it starts to really liven up.

As a side note to all those riding faired SV's that might want a new bike, I think we'll see the GSX-S750F soon enough, should be a great replacement (albiet an IL4)

Triumph and Suzuki owner

Last edited by kaivalagi; 19-08-18 at 01:01 PM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote