View Single Post
Old 13-02-19, 08:45 PM   #7041
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
The f$%^&ng mayhem outside my kids school every morning from 4x4 idiot parents screaming around the roads and parking up the pavements, on double yellows, over local residents' drives (and the shouting that ensues, often involving lots of language and aggression not fitting for outside a Primary school), on the zig zags, on junctions, across the dropped kerbs (then getting out with pushchairs and not even realising the irony ffs!).

It's a warmish nice day here so we decide to try and ride it. Daughter in cargo bike, son rides himself now. Absolute f^*^&^ng moron decides it's a good idea to overtake on a junction that I'm turning right out of, positioned in the middle of the lane, indicating. He ends up on the wrong side of the road waiting at the junction. So impatient he couldn't wait a second. Tries to get out quick as people are trying to get in to the junction on their side. See we are there and turning right but does the "pretending not to realise", avoiding eye contact and narrowly avoids going over the top of use as he screams out of the junction to run away from his f%ked up situation he's created. Then parks up outside his shop less than 100 metres away in the High St, so I ask him what he's doing and he denies everything. Ignorant moron.

And that is exactly why so many people don't walk or ride to school and get ferried in 4x4 tanks. A really messed up situation!

=== Not a great start to the day. Really shaken up and it will stay with me full of adrenalin all day now. ===
Same as any school these days, at drop off time. I had to drive my daughter to school once a week, as she had cello lessons, the cello is almost as big as her. Every time, there'd be someone parked at the exit to the school on the double yellows, restricting my view to the main road.

Plenty of kids cycle to my daughter's school, but most cycle on the pavements, normally as a cyclist I'd not be happy about this, but the roads so busy with parents on the school run, it's too dangerous good them. Quite ironic really, if they didn't drive their kids to school, the road would be much safer for their kids to cycle to school!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote