View Single Post
Old 04-10-19, 11:52 AM   #15
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Default Re: Which New Boiler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
If you can fix a motorbike or car, why not a boiler ? .

That made me smile, like the Navy advert, if you can fix a skateboard, you can fix a destroyer.
Not being derogatory, just links in my head when anyone says that and makes me smile. I get where you are coming from in most cases I'll learn what's what and have a go.

In this case it's not that much of an option as the placing is erm challenging.

Thanks for all the replies, I'm just waiting on another couple of quotes, it's worrying how much knowledge (I guess experience) differs with the HE's who have come out.

Most have been, yup, can do that no problem, but you are limited to certain models because of the flue length.

The one last night "you are going to die, it's illegally done like this (it's been in 20 years and we've been there 13), how are the others saying they can do that? can it not go in another room?
Only for one to say to the other whose business it is (within earshot) we'll ask Y he's been doing this longer that you.
If you want to tank this cellar we used to be plasters.
Knock on the door within 10 minutes: I've just checked and apparently you can get a thing called a condensate pump that will handle the condensate and relief and get it into that big sump you have for the washing machine (I'd already mentioned this several times)
I know everyone starts somewhere, if it's not a job you can comfortably do, say so. Guess what, it's what I/our company does.
To me, to you, think I'll give these a miss.
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote