View Single Post
Old 07-04-21, 11:00 PM   #9403
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I had this with the GSXR750 I bought a while back. I got the V5 through eventually... two weeks after I sold it.
After waiting two months to tax and use it I actually managed to get through to the DVLA on the phone and they told me I could tax it using the VIN. There had been no need for me to wait for the V5 like I'd been told by the DVLA originally.
That's what I did, so annoying they wasted your time too. No twit at the DVLA (web chat) said about the VIN thing. One post office said it was impossible, I just dropped lucky on trying another as I was pretty much in disbelief/sure there must be a way.
I'd explained I was a key worker and had no public transport routes to work to DVLA, they couldn't give a ****. To be honest I took a screen shot of my 2 hours worth of calls to them and Webchats and was seriously considering running the risk even though no policeman or court would have any empathy . Lack of insurance (through no tax?) despite the situation not really being my fault was the deal breaker

@DJ - I didn't know that, I think I'll do it. Hope they give me the £25 back I've incurred off the back of this.