View Single Post
Old 07-04-21, 11:05 PM   #9404
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
You have my sympathy if dealing wit the DVLA by telephone. I had a nightmare experience for months when my licence was revoked for sleep apnoea. Even though I got the hospital consultant to write to them telling them I was receiving treatment and fit to drive again ,it went on for months with telephone calls, and every time I rang the backlog they were dealing with never seemed to get any shorter, and even got longer sometimes ! I was continually fobbed off by some administrator and could never get through to their medical department to be able to sort it out. When my case must have eventually got through to the DVLA medical department I got a phone call from a doctor saying they couldn't understand what had been going on and my licence would be sent back the next day. They need to sort themselves out.
They really do. If that's where the tax is going (it's definitely not on the roads) , I'm a very unhappy customer.
I thought back to the right to drive conversation. Tax really annoys me that they've always made it a PITA (in this case they made it impossible) but it carries a sizeable fine and I think points too.. where as the vehicle safety check which in my eyes is pretty cirtical - is a small fine (or was). A mate who's a copper never used to MOT his car, he said a lot of his colleagues didn't (hopefully that was fabricated) but I know for sure he didn't - plum. Digressing into a different gripe there.