Thread: Caberg Duke
View Single Post
Old 22-03-16, 04:14 PM   #21
K5Rider

Default Re: Caberg Duke

Another thread revival by me today !!

I have a Caberg Duke and it's pretty good for the money.

I bought medium and fits my napper well.
As others have said, chin touches the front when closed and peripheral vision isn't the best.

What I did have problems with was the amount of air rushing in at the bottom and over my mouth. This was confusing as the vents point up at the visor and the chin curtain was right under my head and I use a neck doofer so pretty much had no air gap.
Eventually I narrowed it down to the holes in the chin curtain. So I covered them over with patches from a bicycle puncture repair kit. No more excessive air...which is good when riding through winter !!

Like others, I had a bit of bother getting the pinlock to seal properly and again as others have said, the pins can't be adjusted, or at least, not by turning them as you can in the aftermarket kits. Believe it or not, they are actually in the correct position, you just have to keep lifting the pinlock and moving it up or down slightly until it seals. It will seal eventually, I promise. Took me about 10 minutes playing about.

Noise wise, I do a lot of motorway miles and at 70mph it can get a bit noisy as the wind blasts past your ears. I use custom earplugs too, but the wind noise is greater than the sound of the bike exhaust.
Again, as others have said, lifesavers seem to allow air in somehow and you get a different wind sound.

For the money it's good and it's my second Caberg helmet. This replaced an Ego last year.

I think for me though, I'll save up and get the Schuberth C3 next. I tried my pals and it was almost silent on the motorway. Bit pricey though. I'll wait till the C4 comes out to get a "bargain" !!