View Single Post
Old 01-04-18, 08:09 AM   #42
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: London not to include motorcycle in it's traffic congestion strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toooldtodie View Post
Everyone would be better off if we simply paid attention to what we were doing and tried to consider others.
I have noticed a decreasing empathy toward ALL other road users. A lot of people think their journey is more important than anyone else, and their convenience above others and that each foot of road is a competition. This will only get worse if congestion levels increase.
Which brings us back to the OP, which is that PTW are a solution to congestion, the more there are, the happier we'll all be!
We could probably make a good start on improving road tolerance and safety by banning German made cars on UK roads, my dashcam has ample footage of their misdemeanors

I was sitting on a local Tesco carpark the other day for a long time waiting for her indoors to complete her shopping and got interested in people who did not return their trolley to the proper trolley park (there was one only 25 metres away) - owners of German cars (including pseudo British Mini) and Volvo (sample of only 2 Volvo to be fair) did not seem inclined to take a short walk and park trolley properly, their time is obviously much more valuable than other peoples. Don't know why they don't have the trolleys that need a pound coin to release them like most other supermarkets as that seems to keep carpark clear of abandoned trolleys.

There - I managed to mention Germans without mentioning their infamous WW2 leader ( although I did mention the war ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 01-04-18 at 08:11 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote