View Single Post
Old 04-02-10, 04:25 PM   #747
kellyjo

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Aha!! Mrs Skip has a name

I always liked more traditional names, more and more of the kids at school have weird 'trendy' names and they are just awful. I mean, fancy calling your kid 'speedplay' FFS!!

Girls names were easy, there were loads we both liked but we both loved Eleanor so my eldest is Eleanor Louise (Louise is my middle name).
However, we could never agree on boys names and i liked so few. My eldest boy was going to be either Christopher or Marcus (i hate Marcus now, cant understand why i ever thought it was a good idea!!) so he's Christopher Edward. He likes being called christopher now, and thats what he'll always be to me, but i guess one day he'll use Chris.
My youngest is Andrew John. I wanted John after my dad died (he was John....obviously!) but we have a very short surname so didnt want a one-syllable first name and Andrew was the only name we could semi agree on! I suppose he'll be 'Andy' one day, but i'll always call him Andrew.

With thousands of names to choose from you'd think it would be easy.....but it isn't!!!
I'd now like to revert to my maiden name cos i hate having his name, but won't cos i want to keep the same name as the kids.

Kate is pretty