Thread: Imperial units
View Single Post
Old 30-05-22, 09:58 PM   #8
Ruffy

Default Re: Imperial units

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
not picked up by the Media as important. Deliberately focussed on to distract the public from the 5hit show that's ongoing in No10.
Remember the press isn't free, and doesn't advertise news - it only exists to manipulate the masses with the stories they choose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrod View Post
Dj beat me to the punch, it's BS, Boris doesn't care less if it happens or not. Headlines and facts are poor bedfellows.
I think we're agreeing. I agree the media wouldn't waste print on things that don't exert influence - I realise the importance is more about the ability to influence than the topic itself (which I also agree in this case should be a nothing story).

But the corollary of that is that it means there are a significant number of people for whom this topic does really seem to matter - it's hard to whip up a frenzy when everyone just goes "meh!" and moves on to something truly more deserving of attention.

(BTW, I also recognise the irony in me writing that and my posts here.)
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote