View Single Post
Old 03-05-18, 02:55 PM   #1
Tamsen Cooper

Default Selling a 125 bike drama!

This is a slight rant, I just wonder if anyone else has come up with this many dramas trying to sell a bike...

So I bought my other half a 125cc bike after we went to Silverstone with the idea that she would learn and join me on ride outs. She passed her CBT, gave it a go on a private road, hated it, and the bike sat in the garage for 2 years!

Time to let it go (and the dream of dual ride outs), so before I sold it, I tidied it up, replaced the fuel lines, charged the battery and looked for the paperwork... couldn't find the V5C doc anywhere! Turns out when I contacted the DVLA that they had her name logged but no address, so they had never sent the V5C- great no £25 for me to get it replaced, but they do want me to pay 2 years road tax. You see, as she never rode it, I never SORN'd it as it was tucked away in the garage (yes, I now know you have to do it anyway). I have sent an appeal letter to the DVLA stating that with no log book, and no 16 digit code sent via reminder letter, I could not have taxed it, 2 weeks later, I am still waiting, at worst this could be £36 so not the end of the world.

V5C document arrives this afternoon- hurrah!
I go to put the bike on gumtree, and they remove it as the HPI check states it has been stolen When I phone the HPI people up, they said it has been reported stolen by the police Sept 2017. How can the bike be reported stolen??? I have had it for 2 years in the garage AND SHE NEVER RODE THE BLOODY BIKE!!!!! I would be delighted if the poor thing had had a good ride out!

They are investigating a 'potential admin error' with no charge, but it could take 5 working days... So I still cannot try and sell it yet...

Going to go and work on my pretty SV650, that will make me feel better!
Tamsen Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote