Thread: Leather!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-22, 06:49 PM   #6
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Leather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
I typically ride all year round, but have textiles for winter (and commuting if I ever do that again) and so I'd say three-season.

Features - I'm not sure, I guess ventilation, no need to be waterproof, pockets which are useful but don't make it look like you have a GS and a collar which fastens without velcro which attaches better to helmet straps than the jacket.

Budget - hard to say. I would pay more for good quality, particularly if it's higher quality (lighter/stronger) or would last longer. I'm guessing for a jacket £300-500 is about right.
Based on your seasons, i'd say you want something that is more warm weather orientated (vented/perforated). And then go down the 'modular' route for when you need it to be warmer/weatherproof. EG a windproof fleece to wear under, or a lightweight breathable laminated jacket to wear over the top.

Suggestions of a fleece

suggestion of a laminated lightweight waterproof jacket

Those are what i use in the warmer seasons when wearing my textile mesh jacket.

Motolegends have a good selection of Leather jackets, usually they are of the higher end brands, and some potentially are about style/look over functionality. (FYI if you find anything they sell cheaper elsewhere, they beat the price by 10%)

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote