Thread: Leather!
View Single Post
Old 09-01-22, 10:00 PM   #9
Ruffy

Default Re: Leather!

I prefer a hybrid solution. A textile jacket and leather trousers. (Bear in mind I'm a tourer/commuter/road-rider rather than a sunday-blast regular or racetrack resident.)

I think a well-fitting pair of leather trousers is hard to beat, like a second skin. I'll be looking at made-to-measure for a new pair soon (to make sure the fit is really good - I've always struggled with off-the peg fit). For me, they'll be touring biased construction though - I don't really need modern race-style with masses of body armour etc. that can be bl**by uncomfortable and annoying when wandering around off the bike at favourite destinations. Haven't really looked hard for a maker yet, but Scott and Hideout were on my list to enquire further about. I'm prepared that I will have to 'bed in' any new leathers.

However, I'm a textile jacket convert. Having worn both types over the years, I just find textile jackets a bit more comfortable in general (yes, this is strangely opposite to my feelings about trousers). I think they're a more flexible solution for the variable weathers and temperatures we have in the UK. Of course, the trade off is that if they're roomier to deal with jumpers etc, they may be a bit less protective in a crash.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote