View Single Post
Old 30-03-24, 10:19 AM   #12
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: carbon fuel tank vent cartridge

No poppet valve in the SV650 system ( that I can see anyway ), and the little central spigot in the opposite end to the two pipes is the vent, it is open with a metal mesh inside. The item labelled '5' in Bibio diagram is closed off with a rubber cap, so this looks like a generic EVAP can where Suzuki does not use one of the connections.. I have a feeling newer EURO 5 bikes get the extra valves and complication. Things are getting more complicated all round, now the greenies want ban any garden tool with an engine, despite the fact the average domestic mower is probably used for 30 minutes a week for 6 months of the year..... an average of 15 minutes per week ..... Also despite the fact that the battery on a cordless mower was made in China, traveled halfway around the world on a ship to get here and is full of toxic chemicals that cannot be recycled..

My plan is to re-locate the canister using longer pipes, but leave the connections that same. I already ordered the bits from fleabay, ( hose joiners, spring pipe clips - and already had some silicone rubber tubing the correct size which is about 6.3mm / 1/4 inch )

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 13-04-24 at 12:49 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote