View Single Post
Old 30-06-11, 12:19 PM   #1
Fizzy Fish

Default Speed awareness course vs 3 points

So after 15 yrs of hooning around the country on a bike, the strong arm of the law finally cauight up with me and sent me a NIP. For driving 60 in a 50, in a CAR of all things

Now I suppose it's probably a good thing they never noticed me doing any of the stuff I did on the bike , but it does feel a bit bizarre to be picked up in the car of all things - maybe it's cos the car is an easier zap with a a speed gun as it's bigger?

And I can't help thinking if I'd just timed it a bit better the NIP thing might have got caught up in the strike action and drifted beyond the 14 days...

Anyway, with a bit of luck I might get offered a speed awareness course, being a first timer and all that.

Has anyone ever done one of those courses, and was it mind-numbingly patronising or actually OK? Did you all have to hang your heads in shame throughout the duration of the course, and line up to be spanked at the end?

And if you've picked up an initial 3 points at any stage, what difference did it make to your insurance premium?