View Single Post
Old 04-05-18, 12:36 PM   #1
Tjuice

Default Are there any ABS versions of SV650S around?

I am sure that this has probably been covered in the archives, but I was unable to get the search function to allow me to use either sv650s or abs as search terms - it told me they are too common and so were not included in the search!

Anyhow, my question is this:
Are there actually (m)any SV650S with ABS actually out there on UK roads (and ideally for sale)? I'm looking at the earlier years that Suzuki was putting ABS on the 650 (supposedly), so 2007-2010 ish.

I am pretty new to biking (although over a quarter of a century of experience trouble-free driving on the road) and looking at getting my first big bike.
I'd like an SV650S, but am keen to get one with ABS (given my level of experience - I do not consider myself a riding god yet!)

I've been keeping an eye on autotrader and ebay for months, and have not seen a single SV650S with ABS. And just in case ABS did not feature in the description, I have looked at the photos carefully to see if I can see the ABS rotor on any of the wheels. Nothing.

So I am now wondering whether actually Suzuki didn't sell any with ABS in the UK in those early ABS years.

Anyone have any idea why I'm finding it so hard to find one?

Thanks
Tjuice is offline   Reply With Quote