View Single Post
Old 09-05-18, 09:03 AM   #15
bikerbaker

Default Re: Unnecessary use of Stinger on Bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
Knobs.
Not surprised about a stinger on a cruise in Southend, the place fills with knobs.
Made me laugh. I live there but try not to admit to it usually. Must agree though. Didn't see the incident in question but was down there as every year.

The "event" was ruined not by the Police or Council but the weather. That and the idiot fringe of quad and moped riders that are there every year. The Council went totally OTT with barriers and had drafted in hordes of "marshals" mostly clueless. Police presence was massive too but generally good humoured, the couple I spoke too were bored and cold but admitted that they were targeting mopeds and quads.

Possibly the copper was over reacting due to boredom or a desire to be seen to be doing something, don't know. I have never had a problem with being stopped by the Police. I do find it strange that Essex Police found it necessary to release a video explanation of their actions though, not something normally done. Maybe they were embarrassed by the original video on Facebook.
bikerbaker is offline   Reply With Quote