View Single Post
Old 23-08-06, 10:47 AM   #3
Baph

I too was running late for work this morning, 30mins to ride what usually takes an hour *ahem*.

Came off the roundabout at the A55, as per another thread, and picked up another tail. This time it wasn't the Bandit from yesterday, but a learner on a 125. Again, he was sitting in my blind spot, but not as close as the Bandit was, so I moved my position to compensate.

I thought about absolutely tooling it along the back road to work, but then thought that I'd be mature, and keep it steady. No point in showing learners how NOT to ride is there?

So we rode the approx 7miles pretty much bang on the limit, I'd loose him a little in the corners, but let him catch up quite happily. Ended with him parking his bike next to me & having a chat before I went into the office. His words were "Cheers for sticking with me mate, I've learnt quite a bit just by watching you". Humbling words in deed

I rocked into the office a good 20mins late (not bad, 50min journey) & hollered "Apologies for the lateness" to which my boss just replied "Better late than dead, don't worry about it." Gee, I love my boss