View Single Post
Old 12-12-18, 09:49 AM   #22
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Spring weight for bike weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
total travel will also have a lot to do with your riding style. if your a smooth rider who does not use a lot of braking then you will get less travel...
I tend to use engine braking a lot, but have been testing it out with some emergency stops etc to check front travel and see how it handles.

Quote:
and this is fine as long as the bike is not sitting noise up.
Definitely sitting slightly tail up with the ZX10r shock that is about 1cm longer than stock.

Quote:
if you find your running wide or hard to keep a line on corner exit then reduce preload. if you feel like the front is tucking under then increase preload.
Top tip. I've never heard that before. Thanks. Feels ok at the moment. The way it handles under normal use and cornering etc is great compared to how it was and worlds apart from the road surface issues.

Quote:
...some people cant tell a well set up bike to a badly set up bike, they just ride it.
That's me for the last few years. I knew something wasn't great but had no idea about any of this. Another big learning curve. It's all starting to make sense now though. Thanks.

Quote:
dont bother trying to set things up till you get the rebound holes welded shut and dressed.
I was tempted, but have decided to sort the front first. I'm taking it apart this morning. Daughter is home ill from school... so I'll be in the garage inbetween changing DVDs and taking orders for drinks
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote