View Single Post
Old 09-11-18, 07:56 AM   #9
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650sy - the past eight years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Very nice write-up, Gary. It certainly owes you nowt, and is obviously still giving a great deal of pleasure.

As for the valve clearances, if it's still starting easily when hot and cold, and the performance is still as it was, then the valves obviously aren't in too bad a shape. And even if they do go off soon, it's not bad for 10 years and nearly 70,000 miles of ownership
Cheers Craig. They are such characterful bikes, it really does make them an absolute pleasure to ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
Great write up Gary. The SV is a very underrated bike. As you know, I've gone through a few bikes, larger capacity & smaller, but always end up back with a trusty Curvy. I've fallen into the same trap as a lot of people, going from 10 -12000 miles a year to hardly riding these days, it's nice to see an SV being used.
You're right about them being underrated Col. So many people get them with their eyes fixed on something bigger, faster, and flashier, and consequently never really get to appreciate these bikes as they just see them as a step on the ladder.
My old curvy could do with a bit of a cosmetic refresh really, as it is looking like a well used bike, but I don't have the money to do much about it. It would also mean I'd have to be bikeless while I did it, and I don't really want it off the road for that length of time. One day.....
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote