View Single Post
Old 03-12-12, 08:19 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default OMO: Which Charity?

I stopped sending xmas cards a few years ago. Everybody who knows me already knows I wish them a Merry Xmas and a happy new year, they dont need little card through the door to remind them.

It's not an inconsiderable cost, the trip to the post office alone is usually upwards of 40 quid, plus the cost of buying the cards.

Instead I donate the money to charity. In previous years I've chosen charities such as NSPCC and UNICEF (some of the stories Euan & Charley publicised on LWD/LWR got my throat).

This year though I'd like to give to a small local charity, where less of the money gets sucked up in overheads. I'm not really sure who to choose, so thought I'd throw it open to the org.

My pre-requisite is it must be a human charity. As much as I love animals, they are still animals, I don't value them over humans, and many of thier problems can be quickly and humanely solved with a rifle or an injection.

I've done my bit for funding medical research this year too.

Help the Heroes etc, is not my bag, deserving cause, but they are in the main adults who are not incapable of helping themselves.

So what charities have you come across in your local area that do something really worthwhile, and could really do with the money?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by -Ralph-; 03-12-12 at 08:21 PM.