View Single Post
Old 03-05-14, 05:06 AM   #45
BanannaMan

Default Re: The Org Bar, Pull up a chair and share. What're you drinking?

Coke.

I occasionly have Jim Beam and Coke or (real) moonshine straight from the freezer.

But only the best of quality moonshine, apple or peach.
Deffinately no corn liquor. (sorry Brettus)
That's known as 'shine' or 'rot gut whiskey' and is the cheap alternative to 'store bought' liquor.
Seldom sold in jars it comes in plastic gallon jugs like milk and water are sold in and is often made under questionable conditions.

The good stuff sells for more than double the price of "store bought" liquor however it is of much higher quality, no chemicals or water added.
Not to mention about double the alcohol content.

This is called Apple Brandy or Peach Brandy by it's maker and is usually something they take much pride in.
Refer to it as moonshine and they will likely be insulted and not sell it to you at all!.
However any type of illegal liquor is refered to as moonshine by the general puplic and law enforcement.

It is somewhat difficult to find the highest quality unless you know someone, as it generally gets watered down each time it passes hands between the distiller and yourself.
Just careful if you're drinking the pure stuff, about a half an inch out of a quart jar is enough for most folks, an inch will lay out even the best of the them.

And yes btw, I happen live just a few miles from Franklin County Virginia, 'Moonshine Capital of the World'.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote