View Single Post
Old 10-08-13, 06:50 PM   #3
Jackie_Black

Default Re: Looking to buy a DSLR camera.

I have always used canon DSLR's. I had a 350D when they came out and now have a 5D MK2 (which is phenomenal). One of my favourite things with canon is that no matter how flash a body it is. There is always a NOOB function to allow you to just point and shoot, so you wont miss a picture. As you get more confident you can play about with the other functions of the camera until you feel the need to spend a months pay on one lens!

I always buy camera bodies new but lenses i'm not quite as bothered about. The only reason i buy new is that technically a shutter has a limited number of actuations (in theory) and you never know how much its been used.

Before you buy anything though. Go to a shop and play with both Canon and Nikon. One will feel better, buy that one. You will either be canon or nikon. I love Canon and me dad swears by Nikon so go check them out before you part with cash. The 1100D is a good camera and you can probably get it with a twin lens kit too, this will give you more options.