View Single Post
Old 26-09-19, 05:02 PM   #7663
Grant66

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant66 View Post
Another moan about chuffing insurance companies.

CAROL NASH- so there is no doubt about which particular bunch of scammers I'm venting about.

Despite opting out of their "auto renew", they sent me a letter telling me they would renew my policy for the price of a gold toilet unless I phoned them on their cost a small fortune 0333 number.

Found an 0800 number & used that, apparently despite what the letter said they weren't going to renew the policy & the letter was a mistake...

Anyway discussed the premium & got it down to a reasonable amount & as I was due to move house a few weeks later discussed what the premium would be at the new address & they agreed to waive the change of address charge if I changed the address within a month of the policy starting.

So rang to change the address & was told the premium would increase by over £700, which is nearly 4 times what I'm currently paying (no other circumstance changed, same job, same cover, still stored in a garage). The only way would be to cancel the policy (for a fee) and take out a new one for 12 months. Chuffing scammers.

Had a look on comparison sites & the policy from Carol Nash for the new address is less than one from the old one. So I'm guessing this is the only way they can scam some more money from the "customer" or should that be sucker.

I should have told them to "go forth and multiply" when I received confirmation of their sharp practice "auto renew" letter. Lesson learnt.
Update on this.

After having to ring them back (because they didn't bother) I raised a complaint.
Got a phone call this morning, basically the complaints department agreed with me that they have acted improperly.
They have swallowed the full cost of changing the address and I have a full 12 month's insurance with all the extras.

So right result in the end, but it did take 2 and a half hours of my time to get a simple task completed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote