View Single Post
Old 16-01-22, 07:51 PM   #11
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Destroy the BBC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
sometimes wish that there were more people like you but less biased.
I am biased. I am biased against hypocritical politicians who set rules and consider themselves above following them. Politicians that give jobs to their friends and try and hide it. Politicians that allow 150,000 people to die because they were slow in locking down a pandemic (twice or three times?) and then blame the public. Politician(s) that can't be bothered to show up at the COBRA meetings. Politicians that put profit before people. Yes, I admit to that bias.

Is it a cognitive bias? Don't think so - I follow left and right wing media outlets and weigh the likely veracity of the stories.

Back to the Beeb - this government loves slogans, "Levelling Up", "Build, Back, Better" and "Global Britain". The BBC is one of the best examples of the UK's "soft power" which Global Britain desperately needs. It is respected worldwide for its news and its programs. We are currently breaking our own negotiated treaties with the EU and threatening to break more - we are becoming untrustworthy as a nation and are running out of feet to shoot. Take away the UK's "face" to the world, the BBC, and what do we have left to show?
This is Conservative Party vengeance on the BBC and nothing more. They weren't happy with the 2019 election coverage and they are not happy with the focus on Boris' parties (and the subsequent coverage of calls for his resignation).

Don't fix the problem (of lying and rule breaking), shoot the messenger is Dorries solution. She knew that announcing this would draw attention away from her leader's woes.

Last edited by Seeker; 16-01-22 at 07:55 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote