View Single Post
Old 13-05-18, 12:24 PM   #16
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pricing your bike to sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteAlex View Post
This whole selling thing is a bit of a minefield! Haha!

So it would appear that i shouldn’t include images of any marks, and just see what the buyer picks up on then?!
Bit of advice...I've never EVER struggled to sell a bike for the same as, if not more than I bought it for. How do I do this....

I basically go into extremely granular detail about everything, from any quirks, noises, marks and issues, through to all the positives of the bike.

People want honesty. Most are happy to take something with issues/marks as long as they're clearly stated and the bike is priced accordingly, to allow them some wiggle room to fix it.

Obvious one: Clean the bike, thoroughly, before taking pics. Even get at the shock linkage and what not, take pics of it, lots of up close pics, lots of 5 yard pics. etc.

If it's due a service, do it. It'll cost you (assuming you do it, rather than a garage) all of £50-£60 and an afternoon, but you'll easily be able to command an additional £100 for it being done. People, again, want honesty and the ability to simply ride something away without worrying about the oil and filters. Also refresh the brake fluid, 20 minute job for those who are remotely logical.