View Single Post
Old 01-08-20, 01:26 PM   #91
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: 110 miles on MT09SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
The throttle twitchiness is another issue that put me off too though, but apparently not so bad on newer models.
The throttle behaviour is odd inasmuch as it isn't linear from idle. So you simultaneously open the throttle and release the clutch to move off and it feels like the engine is starting to bog down, you give it a bit more throttle and suddenly it lights up like a two stroke hitting the powerband. Makes life fun when turning at a T junction - in the "A" mode it's dangerously abrupt.
The gearbox works well on brisk acceleration but is clunky through town or at low speeds (up and down). All in all, it's a bike that has only been 90% developed (imho).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio
thats to do with the fast part of the shim stack being too slow, the shim stack needs altered (some taken out of the fast shim stack). the 'clickers' that people like to turn are only a bypass for slow speed dampening, slow speed as in suspension movement and not road speed. that control such things as braking and cornering set up and not comfort which is the valving shims stacks purpose to react to sudden bumps etc.etc.

just hand the bike back if your not happy.
I don't know whether it makes a difference to your explanation but there's a slow compression clicker control and a fast compression "valve" control (which moves from 0 to 5.5 turns). I've not noticed much difference in moving any of the controls.

Handing the bike back isn't an option just because it doesn't suit me. I've emailed a few Kawa dealers to see if there are any green Z900RS available nationwide to trade it. I've now done 630 miles and the first service is 2 weeks away, so I'll be back enjoying the SV.