View Single Post
Old 03-04-18, 10:57 AM   #9
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone get out over the weekend, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
News to me and I'm local However, if you mean the A5104 from Pen-y-Stryt to Corwen (linky) I'm not surprised, so folks go at silly speeds down there. It's 'dead leg' side of a triangle for me, so rarely traveled. You got any photos / type of camera information? FYI They are talking of making the Ponderosa down to Llangollen a 40 limit with average speed cameras too.
Yes, that's the one. I can see why there have been so many accidents on that stretch as it's fairly narrow with lots of blind corners etc.

Interestingly, the first set of cameras (just past the roundabout at the end of the Horseshoe) are only one-way, pointing East towards the roundabout. So if you're heading west, they can't see your numberplate.

About halfway along that stretch, in Bryneglwys, there are two-way cameras, which will pick up your plate for the final bit down to just before the A494 turn-off to Ruthin.

Re the Ponderosa down to Llangollen, be careful if you are heading that way in the next few weeks, the road surface has got broken up in places which means there's loads of loose chippings on certain corners. Caused me a nervous moment on Sunday as there was a patch right on my line.

Last edited by Craig380; 03-04-18 at 10:59 AM.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote