View Single Post
Old 13-09-10, 12:31 AM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default DOH!!!! 3 points and £60 fine

This is a repost of something from the Border Patrol section .

I was going up Rhuallt Hill on the A55 with a Pillion on Sunday morning . I was perfectly behaved on the road right until after St.Asaph . I saw the car in front of me and overtook in a progressive manner and decided to open the taps a bit up the hill to clear past all the Caravans and Lorries .. It is 3 lanes up there . Got to the top and backed off to 70 mph . The Audi overtook me about a minute later and pulled in front of me and I knew there and then that I was gonna get pulled , I backed off to 60 just as the Blues came on and pulled into Caerwys slip road . He got out and my Pillion got off and I removed the lid . He said "Do you want the bad news or the bad news ?" I just laughed and said "Go on then" . He explained that my average was 89 mph and that he had followed me up Rhuallt and that if it wasn`t a Sunday then I may have just had a telling off , but Sundays are Zero Tolerance and "Operation Focus" was in effect .

He made me an offer of a fixed penalty and 3 points and said I was remarkably good humoured about it all . I did explain that I have never had points ever and am not usually prone to giving it the berries , and that I was on my way to look at a car , handed him my licence . He actually apologised a few times to me as well which I found weird . Anyhooo , I got back on the bike and carried on up the slip road and re-joined the A55 on the other side and carried on my merry way . He appeared to carry on back around the roundabout as if he was gonna go back the other way , we saw a Police Bike doing the same thing a minute earlier . As it happens I carried on at a slower pace of around 65 mph whilst I mulled it all over and got it out of my system and resigned myself to the fact I had just increased my Insurance premium for a Car I had yet to buy ..... and blow me the same Police car came past me again . It was as if he waited a little bit and then decided to follow me again . Now in my Mirrors he went an entirely different direction , probably lurked for a minute to do something then joined the A55 , so if you do get pulled , don`t do an angry blast as you just may get a stiffer penalty .

This has not been my best Birthday weekend to be perfectly honest .... I knew I should have gone out and got piddled and then stayed in on a Sunday .

Last edited by xXBADGERXx; 13-09-10 at 12:34 AM.