View Single Post
Old 07-06-05, 09:02 PM   #5
Anonymous

I would like to see this extended to a full weekend. Maybe a joining of the rideout and the jamboree idea.

The support idea is a good one, and gives a role for those who may not be able to ride. Some bits and bobs and general stuff.

I know what you are saying about distances but I think we should go further afield. I see the arguments for being close to the main centres but I'd personally like to be more adventurous and think we should occasionally try and go to meet the far flung groups. For example TBH SVEcosse have been stalwarts of this forum when other groups have been less active. I think they are used to having to travel and make an effort and we can be a little lazy (and I include myself as I didnt even turn up this year). Howevee I appreciate your point in it being a social gathering. Its difficult.

Perhaps therefore theres scope for an Annual Rideout AND and an SV-adventure (more of a UK version of the Eurotour) similar to the joint Scotland Ireland venture which is to be applauded.