View Single Post
Old 02-07-12, 08:57 AM   #50
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Re: GM chit chat thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idle Biker View Post
Thanks Guys. I rode it down to the Goodwood Festival of Speed today. It steered like a Dog. Engine, gearbox, great. Front end crap. I noticed it on the test ride but it was down country lanes with severe cambers and I thought the steering felt funny but I put it down to the state of the road. So I reckon either.

1:The front tyre pressure is really low (I hope)
2: The clip ons aren't lined up (I hope)
3: It's bent (I fear)

Will check it tomorrow. Fingers crossd.
Know it's probably something you've already looked at but recently my front tyre went off. It sort of went halfway between being squared off and V'd. You could not actually see it but you could feel it if you ran your finger over the body of the tyre at 45 degrees.

Front end was horrible. Bike initially fights to straighten up when you tip in then kinks over. Bit like riding over raised white-line or big over-banding all the time.

Had this same symptom last time and a tyre swap sorted it. Last time was a Mitch PR2 dual compound so guess the centre portion is just MUCH harder than the sides. Suspect you've got less "sensible" rubber on the front of your but may be a similar wear issue if it's been heavily tracked.

Off to get a new PR3 this afternoon!
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote