View Single Post
Old 14-02-18, 01:31 PM   #2970
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Thought I had cashed in all my old company shares last year, today a statement arrives and I have €800 sat in the account.

So log in and it says empty as I thought, looked at the statement again and it is a different subdomain of my Paris bank. So enter the access codes and damn it needs a password, so fill in the I never received a password and they are snail mailing it to my home.

Going through old statements I discover that I have been receiving account info and a password. So enter it, no. Enter again, no. try my old favorite password and account is now locked.

So I guess I need to wait for the French/UK postal service. If the password does not work and the account is still locked then I will have to talk my best French for them to let me in. Worse is the French banks require a stupid document that only exists in France to legally identify your bank with IBAN code/account etc. To shift the money out.

Still £700 I didn't know I had, worth reading the junk mail! even if it is going to be a pain to shift out of France.