Thread: SV650S project
View Single Post
Old 27-03-24, 02:10 PM   #1
henrythenoob

Question SV650S project

Hey guys,

I'm planning my first project on my SV650S and I have a few questions.

The project is mainly to turn my SV650S on a naked version, so, these are the plans:

1 - Front fairings will be removed
2 - New indicators
3 - Clutch and brake levers will be replaced with new ones

Those are the things that I can do kind of immediately as I have the parts.

And here is where it starts to get blurry for me...I want to take out the fairings, install a new headlight, install a new gauge cluster and handlebar conversion kit. You see...I'm not a mechanic and have never worked on motorbikes, my first time working on a motorbike was last week changing oil for this motorbike and it was quite successful (the bike didn't explode or turn into a big fire, plus the oil level is perfect).

For instruments I would like some suggestions, I was looking for some SV650N Gauge Clusters but couldn't find anything, I live in Ireland and looked on ebay but wasn't able to find anything for a SV650N only for the SV650S. If I can't find any used cluster, is there any other cluster I could use? I've seen the Vapor panel but I'm not sure if I feel comfortable needing to solder stuff.

About the headlight, I've seen a few LED Universal Headlights (like this one https://amzn.eu/d/8yaobTj). Is there anything needed to this one? Apart from the original wiring from the SV650?

And finally the mod I'm more excited about, the Handlebar Conversion Kit. I only found it in 2 websites, one of them is louis.ie and the other one was an UK website, but being in Ireland means paying the product + taxes, and it'll be more expensive than buying from louis.ie. Do you think this is something I could do myself? I rang my local garage and they mentioned it would cost me around 300 euro + the kit to install it and, I rather spend 300 euro in other things for the bike if possible. Would it be something doable for someone that has little experience with motorbikes?
henrythenoob is offline   Reply With Quote