View Single Post
Old 04-04-06, 07:01 PM   #1
ridelikaking

Default Had my first & hopefully last off today!!

Riding to work this morning, dry road, on my K5 new and in prestine condition since Nov 05.

Went around a car going left, at approx 15-20 mph, still onmy side of road o/s of Belsize Par tube station, London.

Then.....

some **** in a Porshce makes an immediate right turn to fill an empty space on the opposite side of road, o/s a coffee shop.

I brake but move to right on wrong side of road to aviod ploughing into side on him, an dam front wheel goes fron underneath me.

A slide for approx 5 meters or so, I think? and bike comes to a halt next to parked car.

**** in car finishes parking, leaving me to come to my senses and pick bike up (realising how heavy the bike is whenon its side!)

Move bie to side of road, and only one, yes blody one person approaches me and asks if I am ok, a woman on hr way to work.

Even though street was packed.

Anyway, ended up with pulled muscle i left shoulder and badly (very very painful) and swollen sprained right wrist.

Sprisingly, thankfully, the bike was relatively unscathed, apart from scuff and loss of paint on upper fairing, scuffed and bent rear brake pedal and brake lever. I think the exhaist saved the day, as there is a scrape on the bit where the silencer meets the downpipe. Also a scrape to the fron fork.

Helmet scarpped and visor broke, sidi boots have lost most of leather on toes.

The gear definetly saved me.

Alhtough seriousld pi"Łed off, verybgrateful for surviving relatuvely unscathed, especially hearing about the tragic loss of life of a fellow SV Rider the weekend.

Bring it all home and puts it into perspective.