View Single Post
Old 31-03-14, 07:30 AM   #5
GlosGambit

Default Re: Biking is a real pain to get into nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikill View Post
Remove the alarm. They are a pain in the backside. Its difficult to get into in my opinion to sort out the bikers from the chancers. The days of getting you to do a couple of laps round the estate unsupervised for a full licence are long gone. Proper training for proper biking.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Hopefully the auto electrician chap I found on the internet will be able to come out and remove it today for me... fingers crossed.

Sid Squid, I think I 'spiked' the alarm by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but I've followed Datatool's instructions on despiking (didn't work) and bypassing (worked for a few days but has now fully stopped working. I started taking the alarm out myself but got my knickers in a twist when I got to 4 cables the alarm intercepts, but are all the same colour - from the wiring diagram it looks like they are the ignition/starter cables so if I get it wrong, then I'll fry the loom, so for the last week my bike has been sat in the garage looking like it's been hit by a grenade of multicoloured wire and disappointment.

Oh, and whoever installed my alarm FILLED it with resin so it was damn-near impossible to get to the components.

And Muzikill, I'm all-for having the current bike test, I just wish that I could have got more training on my own on the big bike before the test. The idea of being considered safe to train on 125cc's but not safe to practice on my own on 250cc's just doesn't sit all that nicely in my head. It would make more sense if it was yes/no if you can train on your own. Bottom line is, I have my licence...