View Single Post
Old 28-06-10, 10:30 PM   #1
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Cooling question

Had a lovely ride over to Exmoor the other night (just after midnight, the roads were deserted and it was cool... bliss) but noticed something that I am not sure is right or not.

The temp gauge on the console was fluctuating up and down, even though speed and road were constant and level. Once warmed up it would settle at about 83 degrees Celcius at the lowest and slowly rise up to about 95 degrees Celcius before dropping down.

It did this fairly constantly as a five minute cycle and there were no issues with running. This was a constant speed on a major road with no major hills and we were not pushing it hard, despite being two up.

The Full power ECU was back in it for the trip and the Bike is an S K3. The outside temp was low enough to need a warm jacket at speed, but not much else.

I checked the coolant level today and it was full to the max line and bright green.

I have been through the Haynes Manual and there is nothing in there that says that this is abnormal or normal. Carol is perplexed, but does not imagine it is anything serious and we have been discussing it this evening.

What are the considered opinions of your good selves on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote