View Single Post
Old 15-10-07, 03:41 PM   #21
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Advanced riding – braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
If you naturally do it on the GIXER, I can't see how you don't do it AT ALL on the SV? Sure, you won't be wanting to go as deep/hard in on the SV as the GIXER, but not at all???
I dont know I havent really thought about it that much I guess what I'm trying to say is that I get much better feel from the GSXR, so I feel more confident on it. I dont get the same level of feedback / feel from the SV, so I dont feel as confident on the front as I do on the GSXR.

I rememeber when I started riding I scared myself a couple of times on the SV with a handful of front brake so I'm wary of just how fast it stands up and runs straight when you do it. I guess because I've never had that experience on the GSXR ( because I'm a more experienced rider now ) that that negative block about trail braking isnt there.

I suspect I might be doing it though. I also use the bikes for different things and I ride the SV alot more in the wet, rubbish wintery conditions where I tend to ride alot more gently that I do on the GSXR on warm summer days.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote