View Single Post
Old 02-10-22, 08:08 AM   #3057
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
All the utilities are now sorted, but at some truly terrifying prices. £200+ per month just for gas and electricity.
That sounds a lot! I am with Bulb (the nationalised/bankrupt supplier), they have just notified me that I have received my first £66 Gov payment. I have been paying £80/mo although my (pre price rise, Spring/Summer) usage is typically £43 so I'm £400+ in credit.

I guess I'm in for a shock on the 21st when my bill comes in. They did announce what their new prices will be but I chose to not do any calculations

How big is your new place Gary? Mine is a 60s built, semi, dormer bungalow 3 bed + dining room or 4 bed depending on viewpoint.

I usually sleep upstairs which is always cold in the Winter but I think I'll switch to downstairs this year, I installed a sliding door at the top of the stairs so I can now isolate the upper rooms. I've added a lot of extra insulation to the easily accessible areas but it needs more on the dormer partition walls (which are in the roof - hence the chill).

I normally run a garage dehumidifier for the bikes starting about now - I've noticed the garage humidity has already crept into the low 70s rH. I'll maybe run it for a month to see what the damage is...