Thread: £100,000 !!
View Single Post
Old 25-11-20, 11:03 PM   #19
Ruffy

Default Re: £100,000 !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
I'm torn on my opinion of this bike.
I admire the engineering that has gone into it.
Cringe at the cost. You'd have to be pretty brave to race on that. Imagine dropping the ****er.
But I can't get over the fact that it's pretty fugly.
I think I'm the same. Reasonable engineering experiment but not for my market. Apparently a feature is that the bodyworkhas no visible fasteners ...

Tbh, it seems to me to be a bit like the Bimota concept re-born 30+years later: Let's buy in someone else's functional mechanical parts and style around it.

Ultimately, if I had that sort of hobby money available to buy something Aston-Martin I'd be buying a decent s/h 2007-2010ish V8 Vantage (and extra garage) for non-biking fun and spending the other half or so on real-world-useful bikes and other stuff.

Alternatively I'd set to and try to craft myself something unique, with plenty of chequebook engineering to overcome my practical skill limitations. (Ho hum, back to the FZ...)
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote