View Single Post
Old 14-11-05, 12:40 AM   #23
Yarodia

Thanks again to everyone for offering advice. It's been so helpful and I really appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by figer
It seem to be impossible to use original GPS – because it sensor only Neutral, 2nd or 3rd gear signal, or NO signal – this is 1,4,5 and 6 gear.
I thing – if it could be possible – commercial solutions be based on it - not on rev measuring.
I think figer makes a good point and it's probably gonna be easier for me to wire something together from the front loom than anywhere else, so I guess that's what i'll look at doing. As I said, i've not done the TRE mod but I did attach a Motrax Kilometer converter so may have to work around that as it wires into the speed sensor from the front wheel.

BTW, anyone interested in the digital readout, here's an interesting one for you. It's not cased so you can mount it behind the dash for a tidy look, check out the pic of it located in the speedo. Could be converted by this idea if my other plans hit a dead end http://www.biketronix.nl/ Requires a magnet on the wheel but at £40, its cheaper than the Acumen and Datatool options and no stupid tacky box for your friends to laugh at