Thread: New maths?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-18, 07:33 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default New maths?

I have just received an email from my energy supplier, Bulb energy, who inform me that I'm using more energy than predicted and, unless I change my direct debit I will be in arrears by £26 next year. They want me to increase my monthly debit by £16. £16 x 12 = £192. I think I'll leave it.

It has left me questioning my power usage though. Since the last statement I've used the gas fire 3 times and the central heating once. I have LED lights throughout which are switched off when not in the room, I rarely use the cooker, just the microwave. My fridge is old (and inefficient) but I have a meter fitted to it which informs me it's using about £95/year, like it did last year. (a new fridge of the same size would use £45-£60/yr).

I also have a power meter that measures the electricity consumption of the entire house, it's default power reading is 113W (with all major items off) and I have never figured out what is using that. I have disconnected the various transformers for small items but the only time the meter went to zero was when the breaker tripped.

Edit: I forgot that I ran a dehumidifier for 3 weeks, 24hrs/day (duh!)

Last edited by Seeker; 11-10-18 at 07:53 AM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote